Monday, May 27, 2013

Zoidberg : Sequenced Motion



And now begins the "complicated" part, teaching the robot to walk.  I have been working for a little while to get an existing code base to play nicely with my mechanics.  I have made some progress, but not enough to get the robot to walk with a gait generated in real time.
One very nice feature of the servos used for this project is that I can shut the torque off to them, and pose them.  I can then read the pose position with a connected PC,  and then play back that sequence.  Sort of like stop frame animation.  This crawl gait was generated that way, with approximately 15 separate poses.  
More work is needed with the other software.  It is capable of mathematically generating positions of each leg for movement, altering step lengths and such dynamically.  

No comments:

Post a Comment